The NC-SC Governor’s Cup is LBSA’s signature race, drawing racers from North and South Carolina for two days of racing and partying near Little River Inlet, SC.
Notice of Race
- The Gov Cup rules will be governed by the ISF racing rules of Sailing for 2009-2013
2. Alterations to the Racing Rules.
- The Sailing Instructions will specifically identify alterations the racing rules.
- PHRF Boats must meet the minimum safety standards as described by the US Sailing Offshore Council’s Special Regulations – Class Four.
- Yachts must be 22′ LOA or longer.
- All boats must carry a minimum crew of three (3).
- Maximum crew rule will be enforced.
- All yachts must be registered prior to the race. Please download the registration form and bring it along with the required fee to the Myrtle Beach Yacht Club. Registration and social starts at 1830, the Captains meeting, at 1900 June 21, 2013.
- US Coast Guard regulations will apply.
4. Schedule of Events:
- Friday, June 21
1830 – 1900 Registration, social and package pick up at the Myrtle Beach Yacht Club.
1900 Skippers meeting.
- Saturday, June 22
1155 Warning Signal for First Race followed by Race 2 and possibly Race 3.
- Sunday, June 23
1155 Warning Signal for Race 3 or 4
1600 Awards presentation and party at MBYC.
5. Classes are defined as:
- Racing = Boats with a PHRF equal to or lower than 130 or assigned to this class.
- Cruising = Boats assigned to this class
- Fleets may be divided further based on the number or speed of boats entered.
Boats in the racing class will be timed as if they are using a spinnaker. Boats in slower classes may use a spinnaker but will have time added per US Sailing.
- Yachts may be entered in advance by completing a registration form/fee schedule and sending them with payment and disclaimer to the address shown on the form. The entry fee for the regatta is $20.00 for members and $40 non-members of LBSA or boats that have not paid for the full season. Sailing instructions will be available at registration.
7. Sailing Instructions.
- Available at Captains Meeting Friday evening at the Myrtle Beach Yacht Club.
- Diagrams will be with the Sailing Instructions.
- The NC/ SC Governors’ Offshore Cup will be awarded to the overall winner based on the lowest corrected time per mile.
- The number of boats entered in each class will determine the numbers of trophies and certificates.
Po Box 1646
Little River, SC 29566 or Call Breck Caine at 843 222 3418